BeLEAF Survivors’ Board of Directors
|Shelley Hickman||Board President, Executive Committee Chair|
|Candace Sanchez||Vice President|
|Rachel Cortez||Member of the Board|
|Cathy Duchow Cross||Member of the Board|
|Linda Pulice||Member of the Board|
|Lora Schulz Reinders||Member of the Board|
|Je’Leslie Taylor||Member of the Board|
|Christina Trinidad||Member of the Board|
|Karen Fetherston||Agency Representative – Executive Director|
|Samantha Sustachek||Agency Representative – Program Director|
Interested In Being Part Of Our Board?
- A passion for the cause
- An open-minded attitude empowering other board members to express views
- An ability to be a team-player to work toward solutions
- Responsibility in attendance and task completion
- Respect for others on the team
- A willingness to learn from others and share your own experiences
While it would be helpful for members to be familiar within the communities of Racine County, residing outside Racine County would not automatically preclude board participation.
- Attend board meetings,
- Support and assess the Executive Director.
- Help with strategic planning.
- Manage resources effectively.
- Cultivate, recruit, and orient new board members.
- Ensure legal and ethical integrity and maintain accountability.
- Abide by bylaws and policies.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Be a BeLEAF ambassador by Promoting and supporting the agency.
- Attend and encourage acquaintances to attend fundraisers.
- Request fundraiser sponsorships or donations.
- Note, no minimum financial contribution required.
- Serve in a volunteer capacity with professional conduct.
- Directors may participate in meetings by means of telephone or video conference and/or email communications and such participation can constitute presence in person at such meetings, however a physical presence is required at least twice in a calendar year.
- Full Board Meetings are held the second Monday evenings of even months.
- Executive Meetings are held the second Monday evenings of odd months.
- Annual Meetings are held once per year.
- Special Meetings may be called as necessary.
- Membership requires regular attendance of meetings for a term of 2 years.
- Terms can be renewed for an additional 2 years.
- Time commitment varies depending on the role of the individual, the committee projects, and time of year. A good estimate would be 4 hours per month for general board members, closer to 7 hours per month for the executives figuring in all fundraisers, board meetings, committee meetings, emails, etc.
- Email Shelley Hickman at: email@example.com
- Include your resume and a brief statement of why you wish to join.